Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Can We Forgive God?

Wednesday, 8:33am – Los Angeles, California, USA
Yesterday I had a chance to hang out with small group (Bible study group) and a sister named Star shared the Word with us. The study was about spiritual muscle and how we are encouraged to take in and exercise our faith, both in taking in God’s Word and also being able to do something with it, either in obeying or sharing it with others. It is great to see the variety and uniqueness that he has created in others as it showed how everyone has their own teaching style. It was awesome to participate in because it was a new way to learn and it was refreshing.

The night was blessed with an opportunity to listen to another brother (follower of Jesus) of things that have been going on in his relationship with the Lord. It made me reflect just now if there is anytime where we would have to forgive God of doing something in our lives. Jesus teaches us of the forgiveness he has given to us because of our sinful nature, and how we need that forgiveness since God the Father has to pass judgement because of his righteousness. Knowing, understanding and accepting that forgiveness and believing or having faith or trust that through Jesus this is true, you are saved, meaning you do not die when your body dies but you have eternal life and you will be resurrected as Jesus was in order to complete the work and purpose that he was set out to do.

So is there any time that we have to forgive God? From reflecting on it the answer is no. We find all throughout scripture that God is perfect. God is just. God is righteous so he is always right and is good. If that’s the case, then all that he does “is for the good of those who love him”. That encompassing “all” I have learned to embrace. That “all” is what I feel we get hung up on because that “all” often at times we don’t think it may be an unfavorable circumstance. But so far, thank you Lord that through every unfavorable circumstance I have come to be blessed with revelation and insight of the reason for things through patience, reflection, spending time with him in prayer and his Word, and ultimately, just by his grace. I turn to you Lord for what is best for me, what is my way to go, and what is my path. I surrender to your will because I have learned my will always lead to death. I pray everyone on this earth Lord comes to know you God and learns of the patience and gains the perseverance and endurance necessary to fight the good fight and to live by faith. I want life. I want you Jesus. In your name I pray. I love you. Amen.

Romans 8:28
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

2 Corinthians 12:8-10
‘Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.’

John 14:6
‘Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”’

No comments: