Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Decision to make this weekend: Motorcycles or fellowship?

Wednesday, 5:10pm – Irvine, California, USA
It’s been 2 weeks since I blogged, and it’s becoming less and less frequent. It just seems that this is where it’s being led as I have been getting reacquainted to the way of life here in California. I have been balancing work schedule, spending time with family and friends, trying to find a Church to worship with, preparing for mine and Moina’s wedding for this September 26 and also doing recreational things like rock climbing, surfing and riding motorcycles. There was some insight before from talks with a Bible Study group once with the Victory Fort brothers and sisters and also an excerpt from the Purpose Driven Life Book: know what God’s purpose and will for your life is, and you will make decisions on the daily, and in every instance, to do the things that will support that. If you are not in sync, you may make decisions for activities or scenarios based on your mood, feelings and emotions at the time. But if you are in sync with God, from spending time to get to know him, pray and listen, then you will know and be in alignment with his desires. You will make decisions that support those desires. You will actually get to free your time up more because then there will be no more extra-curricular things you do that will take up your time. I learned that this week.

ryan_regalado_stuman

I had the opportunity today to make a decision for this weekend. I have a choice to either:

A. Go motorcycle track riding with some friends in Nevada, and serve some
unbelievers that may need some time spent in talking through issues they are
going through.

B. Spend time with my sister on Friday for lunch, then some brothers for
accountability in the evening, and then on Saturday go check out a wedding
location with Moina.

For some I can imagine it’s a no-brainer either way. I’m sure some guys will be saying, “Dude! Go ride the track!” And then I can here some sisters saying, “Ryan, go spend time with your family, brothers and Moina!” In either case, this opportunity made me turn to God and pray, and to see what I should do. I always pray to God that he puts the desire in my heart to where he wants me to go and also to either open or close the doors to direct me so that I know it’s from him. In both cases, I would be serving and glorifying God. But where does he want me to go?

DSCN4746

Well, a few things happened in the past 2 days:

  1. I don’t have money to go motorcycle track riding. So that right there was door #1 closed.
  2. I met with my mentor Rocky today and he provided insight that God will lead where I should spend my time. Motorcycle riding is what I want to do, but the true joy that I have learned and fully embrace now are relationships. I can cultivate relationships if I go ride motorcycles, but all the more that my immediate responsibilities are with family, brothers and most of all, my wife-to-be.

These past 2 weeks I have seen from others and my own life that I just really need to slow down, not have any expectations, and just continue in spending time with God to talk and listen to where he wants me to serve. Coming back to the United States from the Philippines has shown an influx of opportunities to get stuck in worldly activities, but God has protected my path by making sure that in all situations, I am to meditate on him and his Word to stay in alignment and in the right step. I can ride motorcycles and still glorify and praise God while doing it but the question was really where my heart was, what my priorities were, and where does God want me.

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers on what I should do this weekend, and where I can serve you and the people around me. I pray Father for continued guidance, receptiveness in your leading, and strength to follow your will. Use me Lord to glorify your name and build your Kingdom. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: