Monday, September 29, 2008

Day of Worship, more learning of the Word, and constant Light

Reading my morning verses, I came across a timely chapter that talks about Trials and Temptations.

James 1:1 – 8
1 James, a servant of God and of
the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes
scattered among the nations: Greetings.

Trials and Temptations
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 Those who doubt should not think they will receive
anything from the Lord; 8 they are double-minded and unstable in all they
do.

Some of the people around me have family members and loved ones in pain and suffering from their health. Some have cancer, about to have surgery or are recovering. It is in these times, especially those that have the sickness or disease, to linger with God and to learn from what He is trying to show. It is easier said than done, and easier for the person that’s supporting the loved with it. But even then, the people that are supporting go through trials as well. Will they crumble in despair? Or remain in the faith and turn to God to be at peace and continue to show love?

DSCN1980

Yesterday at Church and small group, I learned a lot in reiterating what Jesus Christ death on the cross meant. How much it means and should mean to Christians, and how thankful I am that God decided to show me He was real and was there and has a purpose for me. I was relaying the story of the days events to Moina, and I began to cry because of how much I love God and thankful He chose April to begin showing Himself to me even more blatantly than before. When I reflect on my life before Christ, it was such a dark time; constantly searching and dissatisfied, constantly in bad relationships and looking for all the wrong things, dissatisfied with work and direction and just searching, and constantly abusing relationships by thinking of benefiting myself. I compare my life now with others around me that don’t have Jesus close to their hearts consciously, and it pains me. I felt a deep sincere sadness for about 10 minutes while I was talking to Moina, and then the Holy Spirit quickly filled my heart with peace and joy, knowing that God is working with and around those people to have them come to Him. It is still up to those people to decide and turn to God, but as He did with me, it was so obvious and His perfect timing that there was no other decision to make but to just believe.

Thank you God and I love you so much. I was telling Moina I will do all that I can to express my love for Him and bring His children to Him. There’s a constant light now, and it feels good to be in it.

No comments: