Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Opportunities, losing wallets and Faith, Small group experience, lessons with Uncle, and spending time with non-believers

Mandaluyong, Philippines
So much has been happening in the past 4 days. I've been running around connecting with people, learning, scouting areas to begin foundation work with a poor community, meeting with church friends, meeting with new friends outside church, getting more into the Word, learning more about the Bible and God's teaching...so much. Below are things I will discuss further when I get a chance. I'm hoping later today or tomorrow after some work I need to finish. For now, here is a link to pictures and videos from last Saturday's visit to the trash dump in Tondo / Smokey Mountain where families live and work on trash.




Items to talk about in more detail

  • Discuss opportunities at Metro Ministries and Extra Mile Foundation
  • Lost my wallet.
  • Lessons of faith that God provides
  • Learning about what church to devote myself to. I should stay at UPFI, not to focus on what I want, but where God wants me to be
  • Balancing health and physical fitness, basketball, don’t get too preoccupied
  • Church Service message: about God changing us, not ourselves thinking we can do it all by ourselves, it’s not a matter about how hard we try or what we do, but it’s a matter of letting God transform us
  • Interaction and lessons from small group
  • Spending time with non-believers and experience of coming closer and expressing faith
  • Talking with Uncle and learning lessons of devotion of power of tongue for good and bad.
  • Reflecting on verses for a week to remember and hold it close
  • Rocky’s mentorship on conflict of previous, pagan beliefs. My brother and mentor in Jesus Christ

No comments: