Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Being patient, book from Eckhart Tolle, hygiene kits

Wednesday, 11:47am – Mandaluyong, Philippines
Ryan Regalado - view from Mandaluyong apartment
View from apartment I live at with friend from the States named PJ

I talked with Moina this morning and conversation came up on being able to trust God in all that He provides and situations He allows to happen, both in health, connections with people, and even to the details of work and food we eat. People in our past have repeatedly come back into our life, to follow up with us and find out how we are doing. Moina and my relationship is special in that she has been there since day 1 of coming to the Lord, seeing how the Holy Spirit touched me and she was able to see all kinds of events to present day of how God is blessing and teaching me to learn about loving Him and loving others.

The main thing that came up was about trusting and keeping God at our centers so we don’t worry or fret about the things that come up, especially for ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends coming back into the picture. God is close to our heart and He wants us to show love to everyone. It actually crossed my mind about all the people that I used to date or be with. I wonder how they are doing. I pray to God they all have come to know Jesus Christ and they are able to constantly show love to others around them.

Eckhart Tolle book from Janae

Eckhart Tolle
My friend Janae gave me a book that I started reading a couple days ago. I think the Church in general would be against these types of books as they are considered New Age. At first, the first few pages I read made me reject the book because the semantics didn’t make sense to me. But recently, my Uncle expressed to me that don’t look for faults in what is being exposed to you, listen and come back to the Bible to see if there are truths in what has been presented. Two things I have learned from beginning to read this book:
  1. To be open and not close yourself from knowledge. This knowledge my deepen your faith or understanding with God and even becoming close to others. I will be able to read this book and talk to my friend Janae more about her thoughts and views.
  2. God allowed this book to be in my path. Because of all that I have seen in how God has been directing me and teaching me lessons, as well as this book He allowed for me to read. I will learn and take from what’s needed. Since the Holy Spirit is guiding me, there will be no fear or worry in my faith swaying. God is with all of us, and it’s up to us to turn to Him and have faith in Him. I will keep in mind of false prophets and teachings. Holy Spirit will be my guide.

Hygiene Kits
I’m getting ready for next week to go around to a street market here called Divisoria to begin purchasing items for the hygiene kits. I will contact my friend Kengi from the States to propose to him to cross-link and promote Do Something Saturday – Philippines. I may just use the Tagalog-Filipino translation of “Do Something Saturday” to reference the project. Thank you again for all that have supported and donated. Just that act, whether conscious or not, was already thinking of others. Either they were thinking of supporting me and my cause, or thinking of the people that will be helped in the Philippines.

2 comments:

jonyangorg said...

Whatup, I'm excited you're blogging out there. I'll be blog stalking you from afar. Stay safe, remain inspired, rock the world.

Ryan Regalado said...

Awesome, thank Jon. Hit me up and send me pics from the recent journeys.