Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seeking wisdom, God always provides

Another one of God’s lessons for me was that praying and seeking for wisdom, He is faithful and will teach and show. There have been several things in the past 2 months that I was reflecting and wanted to learn more about and God aligned people in my path to show and share wisdom with me. It’s at a point now that it’s almost as if He just shows and teaches me about particular topics that I’m thinking about, without me even having to pray about it. He’s so amazing and I am so thankful He’s blessing me with all these people and lessons. I take them to heart and will share them with all my heart. Here are some of them.

  1. About a month and a half ago I wanted to learn more about Eternity from all that I have been reading in the Bible.
    The Bible kept on talking about Eternity. I wanted to know more about what it was and what it meant since I already just committed my life to living for Jesus Christ. Praying about wanting to learn more about Eternity, God brought me my mentor and brother Rocky to say “If I don’t see you here at South Park again, I’ll see you in heaven.” South Park is a ministry for the homeless and small children at a park in South Central Los Angeles. That profound truth that I received from those words hit me like a flood of emotions overcoming you. I was shown the essence of believing in Jesus Christ and what happens after we die.
  2. In the past 2 weeks, marriage, family and the role of husband and wife in Christianity came up.
    I made 4 new friends about 2 weeks ago: Camille, Maradee, AJ and Dominique. Maradee, Camille and I hung out with at Camille’s and had some coffee. We talked a little about the role of a husband and wife in a marriage revolving around Jesus Christ. This talk in turn intrigued me to ask Rocky. Rocky awesomely shared so many verses and lessons from a workshop/class he attended ran by his Church, Christian Assembly. It was so great to read and learn form the verses below. I want to aspire to that and if God wants me to be married and have children, I will support and love my wife and children in those teachings. My roommate is married and just had their baby. AJ and Dominique are about to get married. Friends all around are blessed with this union. I look forward to witnessing and learning more from their relationships with each other. For anyone in marriage now or on their way to divorce, these truths are something that can be embraced and it’s not too late to take action or change if these truths are not being followed today.

    The Biblical marriage is a side by side one where the husband is the head of a home of equals and leads as a servant leader (read Ephesians 5:22-31 especially 23&25, 1 Peter 3:7), and the wife is a helper, nurturer, and supporter (read Proverbs 31 especially 10-12,& 27-29, Titus 2:4-5). The husband is to provide his wife with companionship by asking her about her world and developing a common play to do together; provide security for her through financial protection for life: make her feel her work is significant through notes of praise or a thank you gift: and lastly by emotionally responding to her by taking time to listen regularly to her feelings, telling her you love her and showing how much you love her through cards, poems, gifts. The wife is to provide her husband with companionship, admiration, support and physical response (good sex). She is to submit to her husband's leadership, not to be a yes person or to enable him to do wrong, but to empower him in right doing(Col.3:18, 1 Peter 3:1-6). A husband needs his wife to encourage him, not to compete with him, or criticize him.
  3. A few days ago I was reflecting on Love and what it means. Is it an emotion? Is it our acts?
    And then yesterday in small group/bible study, God inspired my brother EauJ (which I just found is the pastor Ray’s son, I play basketball with this pastor sometimes on Monday) to lead our study with the verse from 1 Corinthians 13: 1 – 13. It talks about what love is and what love is not. We were able to share more about that love is the essence of life. In all of good works, love needs to be there, or it is nothing. And bringing it all back, love is God. To understand love, you need to understand God. I know this now. I never knew how to love others until I knew what it was to have a relationship and know God. And then Moina shares with me this morning she wanted to share that verse with me, she had just come across it.

    “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not evny, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices wth the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
    1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I love how God is faithful and provides wisdom when it is being reflected on, it is sought after, and prayed about to learn.

No comments: