Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mentor, foundation and culture of faith

Wednesday, 7:31pm – Mandaluyong, Philippines
God has been showing me in different aspects and places about the 10 commandments listed below. He has also been showing me from Pastor Erwin that I met with today and also with my prayers to brothers and sisters back home about wholeheartedly doing these acts and works. I questioned myself in terms of it coming from my heart because it felt forced like it was an obligation. It’s important have God fill your heart to do these things, whether it’s being nice or kind to your neighbor, or in fellowship giving grace or forgiveness to brothers/sisters or to your blood family. Good works without the heart or God’s love is meaningless. There will be an emptiness, disappointment and out of touch with God if we don’t let the Holy Spirit fill us and guide us.

It was great to meet with Pastor Erwin today. To know God has filled someone’s heart to mentor another in the teachings of the Bible and the foundations needed for a disciple before they disciple or minister to others. Right now God has filled me with a general direction. It is now time to grow in maturity spiritually, so that I can focus on God’s purpose for me with the blessings He has given me in talents, lessons and of people around me. My discipline is strong and my heart even stronger for love and obedience to God. Let’s see what good fruit comes from it.

God brought pastor Erwin in our path to further His kingdom. One to able to have me learn on focus and to keep a foundation with God. Second, in some way or another, pastor Erwin will be helped in either his life to remind him of what he teaches his disciples or who he mentors, or to further God’s purpose by connecting us to help with his minitry.

Here are pics from Mandaluyong, to Fort Bonifacio back to Mandaluyong. In Mandaluyong, I went to a coffee shop called Perk. There and actually a few days before, I was reflecting on how much the image of Jesus Christ and the Word is preached or displayed here. As if an advertisement, in this coffee shop with all kinds of books, on public transportation such as Jeepneys or in Taxis, and even billboards that says Jesus Chris Saves. It’s all around here, and because of Spanish Rule hundreds of years ago, religion was brought to the nation and also Jesus Christ name and words were spread and it’s embedded in the culture.

No comments: