Thursday, October 2, 2008

Godly wisdom, He’s blessing us constantly

Friday, 12:30am – Mandaluyong, Philippines
God is blessing me with wisdom. He feels that I wholeheartedly want to live in His standard and He’s feeling my heart in my prayers. He’s showing me and filling me with coming to the understanding of the following:

  1. Truly seeking wisdom
    If someone truly in all their heart wants wisdom from God and seeks it, God is faithful and will provide and show
  2. We are all here to help each other
    When I first came to the faith, the Holy Spirit initially made me understand that everyone and every connection/relationship we have with someone, whether friend, family, person we meet in public, are meant to help each other. I didn’t know what that “help” was before. Today it came full circle for me to understand. Brothers and sisters learn of certain wisdom themselves. We all learn different things from God. Fellowship is meant for each brother and sister to learn from and encourage each other in the things that they have learned. Because of this relational concept, we are meant to interact and support each other. God wants that to happen, so we rely on relationships. After all, God is a relational being, wanting love and teaching us of love. We learn about love by our relationships.
  3. Isolation used by the Devil
    The devil will use the hermit, the recluse, the loner; to suggest and try to force this person to live in solitude. Being by themselves, they get caught up in themselves, never learning about love and never knowing how to interact with others, thus perpetuating the isolation. A different Uncle shared the wisdom he has learned about how the Devil works in people’s sickness and from misfortunes. God minimizes the damage, but also allows it to test the people’s faith. It is easy to love God when He blesses us with prosperity, but when things seemingly go sour or for the downturn, will our faiths remain strong or will we curse Him for allowing misfortune or suffering to remain?
  4. Trials and misfortunes are a blessing
    It is a blessing to have trials and misfortunes. God is training us thoroughly for perseverance. Nothing in this world is ever really negative in the sense that we learn how to be righteous and good from it. A lesson that was learned in the book from Pastor Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life, every temptation for sin: anger, impatience, lying, cheating, stealing, substance abuse, sexual immorality, mistrust; is a chance for us to do good. These situations build our character in God and the perfect example to aspire to be like is Jesus Christ.

project research with Camille
Research for Camille's project

3:57pm – Rockwell, On fellowship and will of God
Just arrived back from having brunch with Camille and Ryan from small group. We at at a place near Rockwell mall. It was so great to hang out and be able to share our love for God and lessons we have learned and testimonies to share. That was my point above in that we are relational beings and we are their to support and encourage each other. That wisdom manifested physically 10 hours later after writing about it. God is great.

I came across a verse in Act that I’m reading, Acts 5:38 – 39, and it reminded me of the book that my friend Janae gave me, the Eckhart Tolle book:

Acts 5:38 – 39
“Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

The verse was about a respected teacher of the law named Gamaliel, right when Peter and the apostles were being questioned by a full assembly of the elders of Israel, Gamaliel was advising these elders to leave the apostles alone. The wisdom shared here was that efforts by human not approved or led by God will fail. If the intentions are of God, His purpose will manifest. I have come to understand and see that God uses both the righteous and the wicked for people to learn of love. If Eckhart Tolle wrote a book that is guided by God, then by God will his purpose for it be done. I am open to learning and reading and have faith that the Holy Spirit will guide me to truth from it. I will not fight God’s will in Him lining up for me to be presented with this book or even with other sources of materials being presented to me to help me understand other religions. I will pray for discernment to think and make the correct choices, know right from wrong, to know truth from false, and to know what He wants for the life He has given me.

No comments: