Friday, October 24, 2008

The Prodigal Son, second kids ministry / community outreach today at Barangay Arboretum

Saturday, 10:53am – Mandaluyong, Philippines
Getting ready for the kids ministry and community outreach at Barangay Arboretum. For this time out, we will be telling the story to the kids of the Prodigal Son. This is in Luke 15:11-24 (Chapter 15, verses 11 through 24). I am starting to put these notes in parentheses because I understand a few friends of mine visit this blog that are not familiar with the Bible or the teachings. I do this in hope this will give a little further understanding of the terminology or vernacular used in Christianity.

For the kids ministry, I was given the assignment to create illustrations for the kids about the Prodigal Son. I found some images online and colored them digitally, which I was able to print yesterday on large format paper. I’m excited for the kids to view the prints so that they can see something while the story is being relayed to them. I also was able to print a connect-the-dot picture of the scene where the son returns to the father and the father forgives him for squandering his inheritance. Through donations from friends in the motorcycle racing industry back home, I was able to get 50 box of crayons for them to use to take this activity sheet with them home to color. I would like to see their response later today.

DSCN2327

DSCN2326

Some great new people and friends will be joining us today. Abby, Isey, Gina and I believe one more. Pooh will be coming again. It’s awesome to see how God fills the heart of people around us so that they can show love to those they don’t know. And it’s even more awesome to witness when someone’s heart transforms with the love for God and others.

I will post pictures and video of the day later or tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well, know that God is with you waiting for you to ask Him for help.

No comments: