Saturday, September 13, 2008

On worldly things and the boy from the Jeepney

Last night went to PJ’s pad and had dinner. Downloaded MP3s, finally got my hands on his buddy’s DJ Red-I’s tracks. Really dope DJ, has the essence of selecting a group of hits that are on point. I ate a spam sandwich and we cruised to Red-I’s pad in Valle Verde neighborhood in Ortigas with Nick.

We all hung out and I took of around 11pm. I was able to take notice of what people have interests for. Some people get really into finding the happiness in the moment: good music, fun people, good feeling. It’s interesting to note what happens when those times and feelings go away. What is left when those are not around? This really makes me reflect on Christ and what He wants us to keep at our centers: Loving God and others, and living for eternity. I caught myself really getting into the moment, and then I thought about God and knew what He wanted me to learn. We should be careful not to get caught up in the moment, and look to live in His standard.

Today went to the mall to relax, read a book, and pay Mr. Lagman a visit to let him know I won’t be renting his place. It doesn’t make sense to get into an unfurnished place, get a lease for 12 months when I’m only set to be here for 10 months, and pay twice as much than living with a friend whose place is already furnished with all the utilities that are needed.



There was a little boy on the Jeepney, while I was waiting to go back to my Aunt’s house. He was just sitting there. He was probably a year older than my nephew Chase who is 4 years old. He had a whole bunch of bumps on his face. Everyone in the Jeepney ignored him. I want to carry kits with me so I can just give hygiene kits to these kids, with a note so their parents or guardians don’t think they stole it. It will say “A gift from Jesus Christ. Turn to Christ and He will provide you with eternal life. Believe in Him and love others. Empower yourself to set yourself free.” I will revise but also have it in Tagalog. I don’t need the people to necessarily see who gave it. For the first few people I give it to I will take pictures of them receiving it. But it’s not needed. I do want to record what is happening here and positive changes from organizations and individuals, and stories from those in poverty.

No comments: