Friday, March 6, 2009

God’s will for my life – rocking climbing and MCing?

Friday, 10:44pm – Quezon City, Ortigas, Philippines
Today was fruitful and blessed in serving and learning. Throughout the day, different lessons and opportunities to abide in God’s teaching of course always come up and today it was the usual amazing events that God lines up. There was an opportunity to help the poor, help a brother in need, help the Church with youth services, then to learn about biblical teachings for couples that will be getting married or are married already, and now awaiting for a brother to share with teachings from the Bible and the Purpose Driven Life book (Day 26. Yes! Thank you Lord for teaching commitment, discipline and faithfulness). After going through all this, I wanted to be sure to write this down as I have become accustomed to just experience a lot of amazing things and not being able to write it down. I am now taking action so as not to let that happen so I can be sure to further understand the lessons and insights today so I can take it with me everywhere I go, and share it to all that I know and that these writings come across to.

The end of the night after the couples Bible study, I was introduced with 2 interesting opportunities. One, to begin rock climbing at a local gym so as to be part of the community there. I have been wanting to rock climb for some time now and I think someone here in the Philippines has been telling me that they rock climb. I have to remember who it was so that I can invite them if God leads me to go. Secondly, I have been invited to MC a wedding reception. I have been hosting a couple of events at Church for games that were being set up outside in the meeting area for the congregation to participate in. If I MC the wedding, the only thing I see that I need to do is really get some clothes to wear and to pray for God's guidance :)

Before making any decisions I make it a point to pray and see what God reveals. I have lived 30 years of my life making my own decisions based on the culture, tradition and society around me. Instead of turning to the world all the time, it’s time to turn to God that created the world that knows the best for how we should live our lives. I want to make sure my desires are in alignment with his and that I don’t stray off any path he wants me on. Thank you Lord.

Also tonight, a man named James Lee, an evangelist at Christian Baptist in Paranaque City came up to Alain and I when we were about to end in prayer from our meeting at KFC in Ortigas. It was interesting because he saw our Bibles out and the Purpose Driven Life book. His Korean accent was strong but he was asking questions about being born again and also just faith in Jesus and what does it mean to “believe”. He’s an evangelist so he was asking probing questions as a talking point so he can share with us his purpose in the Philippines. He wanted to share more with us but it was almost 1am and Alain and I were about to leave to go eat. I asked James to join us next Monday at 10pm.

A lot of lessons again today, from gaining insight on some things that can be done in the Arboretum ministry, to insight of how hope in God and his promises builds up faith, which is a pillar in marriage as it parallels how we are to have hope and faith in marriage for it to be strong. Lessons in remaining humble when given praise peppered throughout the day and I thank God for the lessons. I am learning to detest pride and to safeguard myself by being sure to turn to Jesus for help whenever there is a hint or something that comes up that may trigger it.

On humility and pride
Luke 14:7-11
“7When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: 8"When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. 9If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, 'Give this man your seat.' Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. 10But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, 'Friend, move up to a better place.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. 11For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


On leaning on God’s guidance and his desires, not our own
Philippians 2:11-13
“12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.”

Psalm 25:4-5
“4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.”

No comments: