Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching up and there are so much to this word “love”

Wednesday, 7:52pm – Cubao, Philippines
I’m just at Figaro coffee shop right now, catching up on emails and work. It’s been a few days since I blogged as I’m still trying to settle into a schedule as there have been a few changes and things that have been added to my plate. I’m helping some friends right now with graphic design work: photo editing, logo designs and websites. My priority are my clients right now still in the United States of course. But apart from volunteering on Wednesdays at Metro Ministries, studying the Bible and Tagalog everyday, and also connecting with friends, brothers, sisters and blogging, it’s starting to add up.

My walk in learning more about the Christian faith has changed up. These past months I’ve felt the Holy Spirit strongly, in feeling and in guidance, coming to insight and understanding of truth and teachings in the Bible. Now it’s changing and I know God has me learning a different aspect of the faith, in learning in that all I do it’s to honor him, give him praise and to glorify him. For those that don’t understand or read the Bible, I can imagine it seems strange to talk in these terms of something you can’t see or even to be subservient to. But that’s the beauty in following in the word of God and to know Jesus; you realize how weak you really are in this world but gain strength and courage through Jesus because of what he has done for us and to truly understand where we come from and why we are here in this world.

There are things that have happened in my life in the past 5 months that are amazing that it probably difficult to understand in scientific terms or even what Christians call in “worldly” terms. Learning more about the Bible, you will read things of this earth (worldly) versus things of God (spiritual). Because God is not finite and he is so great and since he created everything, how can we even begin to understand or put into words what we feel, what we experience personally and all the things we have seen in our own lives and witnessing in others? We try, but even just imagine trying to describe the word “love”. There are definitions people have come to use, and even in the Bible it describes it in this verse:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.”


But even trying to describe it in this way, you don’t get the full perspective of what you particularly experience with it. It definitely does show aspects of it though and what we experience. Reading this verse makes me reflect on experiences of love with family, friends and even strangers I meet every day. Look into those words carefully though and you can see how closely it equates in your life. This is the power of the words in the Bible. Really, if you can’t say you experience these things, you are not aware or are really not experiencing love. But even when you feel it, it’s something you know inside that you don’t ever want to part from.
I finally know what these following words mean. I saw it all the time; in passing on signs, on t-shirts, people saying it…in so many places. I’m so happy to finally understand these words: “God is love.”


DSCN1205
my second Dad Greg, my brother Johnathon, me and my best friend Phil

461827415603_0_BG
my brother Rex and his daugther Maya and Leilani, my sister Rhett and her sons Chase and Bryce and my Dad

DSCN2796
Small group from Victory Quezon City at the Race for Life charity 5k/10k run

DSCN2647
Kids at Barangay Arboretum where we go every Saturday

No comments: