Thursday, November 13, 2008

How to deal with the Devil in your sleep

Friday, 7:54am –Mandaluyong, Philippines

Nahum 1:7
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him

A curious thing happened to me while I slept last night, a nightmare and recurring thoughts kept coming into my mind. I know this is of not my imagination because I have never seen these things before and it’s not in my character or God’s character to think these things. The nightmare bordered along the lines of scary, immoral and dark. Even in our sleep, it’s important to know, the Devil will be there trying to suggest and find an “in” to turn us away or distract us from focusing on Jesus.

At this time, in the middle of the night, before you sleep or even after, if thoughts or dreams or nightmares come to mind, upon waking or even if in drifting wakefulness or sleep, pray to God to keep the Devil away from you and your thoughts. Pray that Jesus and the Holy Spirit fills you with them and of pure thoughts and of thoughts of God so that nothing else can come to mind. Pray that Jesus rebukes the Enemy and drives him away. It is important to know, that in our wake and our sleep, the Enemy can come and try to divert us or influence us. My prayers from now on I will have before I sleep for Jesus to protect me from the Enemy while I sleep and in all hours of the day, so that I can continue to grow in love and never be lost in the darkness.

I will now pray for others, everyone I know and don’t know, that they are protected with the Holy Spirit from the Enemy, in all hours of the day and while they sleep, so the Enemy doesn’t influence or divert them from God with thoughts, nightmares, or suggestions. We are at our weakest when physically and spiritually alone. I pray that we always turn to God to help us since he is there, and I pray that in this world we turn to people since God will always have people in your life there. Just make sure to take the steps to go to God and those people.

I was scared when these images were in my mind, but when I prayed to God, he gave me a peace. I know Jesus is with us always. There is no fear and nothing to be scared of since he’s taking care of us. This incident happened so I can learn and share it with everyone.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments: