Monday, November 3, 2008

Visit from Moina and new friends

Monday, 11:13pm – Mandaluyong, Philippines
DSCN2433

My closest and dearest friend Moina arrived last thursday. We’ve been hanging out doing random things, just visiting the malls, eating, and we caught a movie. Last Saturday we ate at Market! Market! at the Fort and while there, we bought 10 waters and a pack of 10 granola bars so we can go around just giving them out. Each of the pairs that we gave out to people randomly on our way back from the Fort, through Guadalupe and then to Boni, we told them in Filipino that it was from Jesus Christ. Our love for Jesus and God putting this into our hearts and the Holy Spirit guiding us lead us just to show love and give without expecting anything back. These things that we do are not meant to boast or boost us up or to get recognition from our friends and family. I blog about this to share with you Jesus Christ has changed my life, is the primary thing that I think about all the time, and what has changed my heart to reach out to others and just to love. The teachings of the Bible and the love of God changes people, changes the way you think about the world and teaches you truths of how you are to live your life. All these things are good. I love all my family, friends and people that I come to meet out in the streets. I love God and I love each and every one of His children. There’s always a test on how you will react and feel if someone frustrates or does you wrong. I pray that God is so close in my heart that I am the way He wants me to be, and that I love the way He wants me to love all.

I am sick right now, the day right before Moina came. So we’ve just been hanging out at the house. I wonder and pray what God wants me to do and how to be with Moina, whether to be in this close friendship we have or for it to be more in marriage. I’ve expressed this to friends here in the Philippines and back in the States and I am open to everyone about it. Girls used to rack my mind before I came to believe in Jesus but now with God, I’m at a peace and just try to find out what He wants me to do. For now, all I know is that I love Moina as a sister in Christ. If it lines us up for it to be more, I will look to God for direction and look into my heart to follow.

Just came back from meeting with Camille, Liz and new brother in Christ, Pao. Moina and I met them all in Greenhills for some dessert coffee/hot chocolate. This was the first time I have come to see how God works in someone’s life through their day, from being exposed to a topic such as fasting in the morning from one person, to come meet them later in the night to talk again about fasting from others, and then having them to drop me off at my home so that I can give them a book about fasting. I pray the brother comes to insight and wisdom from God, that their life is changed and their devotion to God grows, and that guidance is gained and followed. I love You God, for showing me how You work in other lives, for allowing me to witness and grow my faith in You always, and for allowing me to be there for Your children.

No comments: