Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Event for Pook Arboretum community, December 13, 2008

Although I wasn't able to attend because I flew back to the United States, I had the honor of serving God and his children by helping to prepare for this event. We usually serve about 50 kids. This day 200+ came out plus the parents and families of many. I really wanted to witness this day and see the joy and love but I know it was there so I don’t have to see it. It is a blessing serving any way possible.

Thank you very much for all the volunteers, sponsors, Extra Mile Foundation, Victory, UNYAP and Kids Church for all the help and support to make Arboretum gift giving possible. Around 200 plus kids, parents and youths were blessed that day through the gift giving, Kids Church presentation, midget show, and snacks.

This ministry for the community started on October 18, 2008 with the kids. Volunteers from Extra Mile Foundation conduct Kids Ministry for an average of about 50 kids every Saturday afternoon. The plan for next year is to focus on youth and women through sports, leadership training, functional literacy, computer literacy, livelihood activities, health, and other programs depending on the need of the community.

Praise the Lord for loving us and allowing us to show and give love back to everyone.

James 2:14-18, NIV
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.


IMG-2486

IMG-2505

IMG-2489

IMG-2490

IMG-2482

No comments: