Monday, December 29, 2008

The holidays and how educational software on laptops can spark children in learning

December 29, 2008: Monday, 4:55pm – Burbank, California, USA
It’s been a great busy time to say the least. I have been blessed to connect with so much family and friends and have some great conversations and sharing about our lives and our faith that I am overwhelmed with joy and awe at how Jesus works and moves in all our lives whether we are aware or not. Ton to post, just trying to find time to sit down and type after work is all done.

DSCN3963
My 6-year-old niece Maya and my brother Rex

Below is a video to show what my 6 year old niece Maya has learned from going online and browsing and clicking around for something she bought called a Webkinz. This gave great insight on how children can adapt to technology and how quickly they can learn various topics. I’m excited to see what bringing laptops with educational software can do in the communities that me and friends spend our time in every Saturday. If you’re in the Philippines, come join us some time and see for yourself how lives can change with a little time and love.

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMv8atjrn2Y

No comments: