Friday, December 12, 2008

My friend and sister Monisa, visit back to the United States, on friendship and family

Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, Philippines
It's about 8:20pm, Friday night, and I'm excited to be waiting for the 10:00pm flight back to Los Angeles. I was planning on staying in the Philippines for the holidays but events in God's plans has lead me to come home to spend time with friends and family. The change up in plan has transpired in the past 2 days. Although I will be visting some family in friends in happiness, there will be others there that are going through the transistion of having a loved one being taken to heaven with God.

My friend Monisa had suffered a health condition that deteriorated suddenly a couple of days ago. It was last night to my understanding that it was decided that she be taken off life support as recommendations from the doctors that she would not recover.

I am on a flight back to be there for my dearest friend and brother Austin. I realized that our relationship with God and the relationships we have in this world to help us understand God more is very critical for our spritual growth and our understanding of what God wants of each of our lives. So important our these relationships to me that I will now do all that I can to take care of what I have with people, to not neglect the blessings of the connections God has made for me with others, and to do all that I can to help or serve others around me. I see the love of Jesus and God moving in everyone from just even sitting there, not saying anything to the person, but just hanging out.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for each and everyone one of us and the experience that I will come to witness on the trip to Los Angeles. I was reading from a discipleship book that my brother Pons gave me right now before they dropped me off at the airport and a verse stood out:

1 Corinthians 3:6-8
"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he whol plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, each each will be rewarded according to his own labor."


Holy Father, I pray that we are sensitive to the places you want us to go, sensitive to the things you want us to do, and sensitive to the love you want us to give and show. Almighty God, give us the strength to follow once we understand what you are filling in our hearts. Father, I pray that all the connections and experiences that transpire are life changing, honor and glorify your name Lord, and bring us closer to you and to all your children of this world. Holy Father, allow our hearts to be open to planting the seed and sharing with others of the greatness of Jesus, allow our faith to continue in watering the seed by lifting up brothers and sisters in Christ in their time of need, and lastly Father I pray and thank you of all the growth you allow to happen. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

234963631603_0_BG
Austin and Monisa : May 31, 2008

613573631603_0_BG
Austin and Monisa : May 31, 2008

No comments: