Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sign from God – he keeps showing me my race number, 48

Sunday, 6:48pm – Mandaluyong City, Philippines (<- it just so happens the time I started this as well) God continues to show me my race number, the #48. Different variations of it, specifically of different combinations I had for racing: 148, 248, 648 and just 48. I am not sure what to do with this yet. I am not trying to look for it but it’s noticeable since of course it was significant. From seeing how God has given me signs before, he definitely wants me to contemplate and look into it further. The only thing I associate this number with is motorcycle racing. Last week a mentor/pastor recently questioned if I thought about going back to racing, stating that it can possibly be a platform to glorify Jesus name. DSCN4661
1:48 - Truck in-dash clock : January 15, 2009

I began racing in 2005 and quickly became passionate and addicted to motorcycle racing and riding. I put all my effort to practice, train, and study to keep on improving and to be superior in competition. From 2006 to 2008 I would win championships and make it to the professional level. Coming to search for God and start a relationship with Jesus changed the course of my life since April of 2008.

DSCN4302
148 - Visiting Moina's Grandma in the hospital: January 2, 2009

Today I am in the Philippines, building the foundations of the Christian faith and serving in the poor communities, squatter areas, where economy, social structure, basic necessities and love for God is needed to combat against the sin and evil in this world in individuals and structures in society. Taking a 2-weekend class with Professor Mel Luna of Extra Mile Foundation gave knowledge and insight of the causes of the issues that plague the Barangay Arboretum community that friends and I from Victory Church have been participating and volunteering our time since September of 2008.

DSCN4304
1.48 - Eating at a Mediterranean restaurant with Moina: January 2, 2009

Committing my life to Jesus Christ on June 8, 2008 has been a rapid journey of living by the Holy Spirit, being guided by the teaching and word of God in the Bible, and just having faith in the convictions in my heart to connect with various individuals both in California and in the Philippines. The more I read, pray and am obedient, the more I learn and am filled with the joy of following God and having an intimate relationship with him.

DSCN3968
648 - playing Solitaire on my Ipod video: December 23, 2008

I have learned to turn away from the old patterns of desires that would never satisfy me. I have found the peace and joy in building and nurturing the relationships I have with friends, family and church family. My eyes have opened to what it means to put others before myself, to serve and love God and to live by faith. I have now come to know that Moina will be my wife and I am still constantly finding God in all that I see and do, everyday and every moment in my life and I praise God and continue to be amazed and wonder how I can show my love back. God will show me. He’s brought me this far, and I’m just waiting to know where to go to next.

DSCN3205
48 - Bose advertisment at SM North, The Block: December 5, 2008

I love you God. Thank you, please show me how I can become even closer to you, and share and teach others about you, so they can start or grow their relationship with you as well. In Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.

DSCN2907
048 - Tricycle license plate in Mandaluyong City where I live: November 23, 2008

1 comment:

Jacin Greenhill said...

I have had a parallel experience with the number 813. I am still trying to figure out the significance of this number because its continually being shown to me in multiple arenas. Its possible that its related to scripture somehow... but which. And there lies my next course of prayer and study. I'll share more with you later bro.